Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Classical, Liturgical, Confessional


I get Google Alerts on a couple Anglican topics, and they are so depressing that I usually just wind up deleting them. The ACNA is already having struggles between those who do/don't want woman's ordination, Anglo Catholics and Evangelical Anglicans (who, by the way, seem to be simply doing what all the mega churches are doing-selling out to the world), Charismatics and everyone else, which Prayer Book to use, etc. And, of course, the never ending blasphemy and heresy coming out of TEC and ELCA lands in my email inbox every day. Bahhh! It's all so tiring. I know where I stand and I can focus on the things that matter, like doing the works Christ told us to do; making disciples, feeding the poor, helping children and widows, etc., but mostly, proclaiming Lordship of Jesus Christ and the glorious salvation offered in Jesus Christ, our Lord.

I consider myself to be a Christian that happens to like confessional Christianity and traditional liturgy. Many, if not most, Anglicans and Lutherans of varying denominations have it backwards. They are Christians who put their denomination, disputes, errors and everything else before their Christianity. Such a shame. Such a waste of time.

No comments: