Saturday, October 02, 2010

Christians are just hypocrites

Hello all,

I just woke up from a dream that was bothering me and decided to check out Youtube. I found this video (link is above) and wanted to share it with you all.

Isn't it funny when a regularly UN-righteous person does a "good deed", or something they consider righteous, that all that persons wrongs suddenly disappear and everyone applauds them for their kind heart or their supposedly righteous deed (which happens a lot in Hollywood or among musicians)? They may usually live a life of sin which includes fornication, cursing, blasphemy, etc, but once a good deed is done, or this person proves that they "love they mama" then that person is alright.

On the other hand, if a Christian messes up or does something sinful, it's time to let the hammer fall, give it to em', etc. All of a sudden all Christians are hypocrites, and you hear the "see, I told you so". So, all that person's good deeds, love for Jesus, and usually quiet way of living mean NOTHING and that person should be exposed as a hypocrite!!

THIS IS ONLY a way for people to feel better about themselves, to validate their reason for breaking the 4th Commandment (not observing the Christian Sabbath, worshiping in Church) and makes them feel more righteous.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure many Christians feel the same. I'm not perfect, and God knows I can't be, but I love Jesus Christ, who IS perfect. Jesus came to save sinners, not the self righteous. The difference in a Christian's life is that they love God and are thankful for the salvation provided by Jesus Christ. This thankfulness will show in a Christian's life through obedience to the word of God, but failures will undoubtedly happen because we have a body, and our body remains racked with the disease called sin until we die.

A lot of people compare themselves to others and grade their behavior on a curve. God has a different standard, and He is the only judge.

One day the deeds of all will be exposed, the secrets of all will be exposed, and judgment will come from the only One who is qualified to judge the living and the dead, the Lord
Jesus Christ. He won't be a baby in a stable when He comes, or as a sacrifice for sins, or a pacifist, but He will come as LORD, as Judge, as King and a as a warrior.

So, if you can spare 10 minutes of your time you can check out this youtube video if you wish. I'm not sure who this guy is, but I think he does a good job.

---- A sensitivity disclaimer: This email goes out to a lot of people, so don't take it personally, unless it applies to you. I used to send out emails pretty regularly, and I used to update my Blog pretty frequently, until I realized no one was reading them!!

God bless,
Paul Thompson+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA6iKo0uUaE&feature=fvsr

No comments: